Monday, January 19, 2009

Book Group



If you haven't signed up for the Teen Rogers Book Group, you still can. Just click here! We meet for the first time on February 3rd at 4:30 in the Community Room, and we'll be talking about Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

Hunger Games is about a girl in a future world who takes her sister's place in the annual "Hunger Games," where teenagers either win...or die. It's picked up some publicity since Stephenie Meyer promoted it on her website:

"People often ask me for reading suggestions, and I'm always happy to share because books are exciting things to me. My latest excitement is this: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I was so obsessed with this book I had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so I wouldn't have to stop reading. The story kept me up for several nights in a row, because even after I was finished, I just lay in bed wide awake thinking about it. I've been recommending it to total strangers in Target. And now to everyone who reads my website. The Hunger Games is amazing." -Meyer

If you're one of the first ten to sign up, you can get your very own copy at the library! Just come by and ask me at the YA desk, or someone at Reference about signing up! Attendance and supplies are limited, so don't hesitate! And get reading!

As for what's happening this week: We've got another game night this Thursday at 6, plus another anime club meeting this Saturday at noon. And coming up in February, we have another glass etching workshop, this time with a Valentine's Day theme. Sign up for that here.

That's all for now!

No comments: